VMware Communities
MarkHolbrook
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion on MacBookAir?

It's got a Core2 duo... Anyone think it will run?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Minimum Requirements for VMware Fusion

• An Intel-based Mac (to run 64-bit operating systems, an Intel Mac with a Core 2 Duo or Xeon processor is required)

• 512MB of RAM (1 GB or more recommended) (1)

• 275MB free disk space for VMware Fusion

• 1GB free disk space for each virtual machine (10 GB or more recommended)

• Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later

(1) In addition to the RAM required to run the VMware Fusion software, you will need enough memory to run the operating system and applications on each virtual machine you create. To find out what these requirements are, read the documentation for the operating system and applications you want to install on your virtual machine.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Any reason you think it wouldn't? Remote Disc might not work, but I don't see anything else different about the MBA that's different from Fusion's point of view.

0 Kudos
MarkHolbrook
Contributor
Contributor

Cool... No reason I could think of but I'm not an expert on that. It is like the perfect computer for my boss who wants ultra thin, loves Macs but still needs to run windows at times.

M

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

My gut reaction is to worry about heat in the darn thing, especially when running something intensive (as Fusion can sometimes be).

0 Kudos
MarkHolbrook
Contributor
Contributor

Ya good point! Definitely not the machine for me. I have a 17" 2.6 MBP that I love. I don't mine 1 inch thick and 10 pounds because I can have 3 WinXP VMs all open and working together. Yet you are right my CPU fans often race to keep the thing cool.

0 Kudos
scottishwildcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My gut reaction is to worry about heat in the darn thing, especially when running something intensive (as Fusion can sometimes be).

I wouldn't expect a 1.6Ghz Core 2 Duo to get too toasty, to be honest.

0 Kudos