VMware Communities
rtamesis
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion no longer opens Windows 10 virtual machine under Mac OS X 10.3.4

After updating to Mac OS X 10.13.4, Fusion is no longer able to find or open my virtual machine file containing Windows 10, although it is still able to open my Windows 7 virtual machine file. Both files are in my Documents folder, which is also in iCloud. When I try to copy the Windows 10 VM to an external drive, I get an error code -1407. Again, no problem doing so with the Windows 7 file. Did this Mac update corrupt my Windows 10 VM? Has anyone else seen this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Fusion do you have?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Does the following thread help?

Fusion now shows 2 Virtual Machines - 1 "not found" and 1 "not genuine" - Neither Works Right

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
rtamesis
Contributor
Contributor

10.1.1 (7520154)

0 Kudos
rtamesis
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it does. My problem is the first scenario, where it can't find my Windows 10 VM. I tried moving the file from iCloud Drive back to a different folder on my Mac Pro to see if I can open it there with Fusion, but the latter doesn't allow me to even open the file. The virtual machine is over 100 Gb in size, and I just read that iCloud allows you to store a file that is no more than 50 Gb, yet High Sierra apparently just went ahead and did it.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

I know it's too late now, but you might just disable that 'feature'. It's one of the dumber things Apple's ever done.

0 Kudos