VMware Communities
rhind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fusion crash (The .App, not the virtual machine)

Fusion has just crashed on me (again, seen this a few times) while in Unity mode. This is a crash of the .app, not the VM itself because if I launch Fusion again, it re-connects to the VM and it is still running fine.

Attached are the OS X crash log and the VMWare log.

I have tried to submit this as a support request but the request page keeps pre-filling my phone number with a ? before the number and everytime I change the fault type to a crash, it just informs me that the phone number is incorrect. I have tried changing the phone number in both my account settings (it is correct there) and on the request page, but still the same problem. This is using Safari from 10.4.10.

Please can someone help with the support request page and with this crash?

Cheers

Russell

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rhind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Happened again. Here is the fusion log. I've always got VS2005 running in unity mode when this happens but was actually using IE7 at this time.

I guess this is the same problem I reported for RC1. See my thread here: http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=691483&#691483 titled RC1 Crash (with log).

Cheers

Russell

0 Kudos
rhind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

And here's another. It seems to happen fairly frequently with me (as you can see). This isn't something new. The reason I haven't posted any since RC1 is that I hadn't been using Fusion much until today.

It really is starting to hamper usability.

Cheers

Russell

0 Kudos
rhind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's another. This time from my MacBook Pro rather than my iMac so a different VM on a different machine so can't be do to with my install on my iMac.

Cheers

Russell

0 Kudos
ghazau
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have this happen all the time. The reconnect does fix it up, but I'm playing online poker and I'm often involved in a hand that could be worth $400, and time is a factor. It makes unity completely useless to me unfortunately.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos
rhind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing this. Here's another.

Are these logs useful to vmware? As mentioned, their support request website isn't letting me submit this as a support request so I'm going to keep posting them here.

Cheers

Russell

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

rhind: PM me your email address you registered with and I can pass it to support to have the account checked so you can file.

0 Kudos