VMware Communities
aliroberts
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion broken by OS changes, and paying VMware money doesn't seem to fix it this time

I've been a long-time user of Fusion, and have upgraded in the past in order to cope with the vagaries of host/guest OS changes - I think it's fair enough to need to do so every now and then, at least.

Anyway, I just moved OSX to High Sierra, and guest Windows 10 is now at Creators Update.

Using Fusion 8.x, things went badly: Fusion couldn't see the Bootcamp partition.

I googled, tried a few of the suggestions (deleted existing vm files, added boot.ini, ran vmware-fusion-bootcamp-master, etc.).  No joy.

At this point, I'd wasted enough time that it seemed sensible to upgrade to the latest version of Fusion, as it states very clearly that it works with HS and Creators Update.

But it doesn't.  I get a different problem now: Fusion can't see the EFI VmWare Virtual IDE hard drive that I assume it's trying to mount my bootcamp partition as.

So which platforms has 10.0.1 actually been tested on?  Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Any advice gratefully received, please.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kjah
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, no answer for you, just sympathy instead :smileycry:

You are not the only one, see here Re: "cannot find a valid peer process to connect to"   and here:  "Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory." Error

I am sure there are more examples.

0 Kudos
aliroberts
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm... pretty pathetic testing then (combined with what appears to be grossly misleading advertising).

0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi  aliroberts ,

Could you try the solution on this page:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151780

0 Kudos