VMware Communities
silent_lurker
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion & XP64 - no ethernet- help please?

I'm flogging myself flailing to get 64-bit XP fully functional under Fusion (sorry) on a MBP Core2Duo.

Installing the VMware Tools resolved some other issues by enabling the USB mouse, and improving the video, but I can't figure out how to get XP64 to load Ethernet drivers. The Device Mgr has a ? on the Ethernet Controller item and its properties state no drivers for the device are installed. Attempting to install the drivers from the install cd fails because the Hardware Update Wizard "cannot find the necessary software." OSX Network Prefs see 'en0' which looks like its the NAT or bridge connection, but no connectivity is available under XP64 and simply trying to add a Network connection also fails because the system doesn't see a device.

I've got no idea how to continue, so I'm asking for input.

TIA,

(not so) -silent lurker

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

>Installing the VMware Tools resolved some other issues by enabling the USB mouse, and improving the video, but I can't figure out how to get XP64 to load Ethernet drivers.

>Attempting to install the drivers from the install cd fails because the Hardware Update Wizard "cannot find the necessary software."

Do you mean the Windows XP x64 CD? The correct virtual network drivers are in the VMware Tools which you have already installed. Have you chosen the 'Complete' installation option v. 'Typical'?

Please post all of the lines that match "ethernet.*" from your VM's .vmx file.

0 Kudos