VMware Communities
bk144
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion Question

Need some help with the following: I am having issues enlarging screen on windows side, also my cursor won't move to the scroll bar, and pressing control won't allow me to escape or to go to the mac side. I have a Mac wireless keyboard which it doesn't recognize or says connection lost upon start-up. My mac book pro is currently partitioned with Boot Camp Beta 1.1.2.dmg. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I am having issues enlarging screen on windows side

What do you mean (e.g. what are you trying to do, and how are you trying to do it)?

also my cursor won't move to the scroll bar, and

Does it move other places?

pressing control won't allow me to escape or to go to the mac side. I have a Mac wireless keyboard which it doesn't recognize or says connection lost upon start-up.

This sounds like your bluetooth adapter got connected to the guest (and the key combo is ctrl-command, not just ctrl); you need to disconnect it (if the VM is on, look under Virtual Machine > USB).

0 Kudos
bk144
Contributor
Contributor

Aside from turning blue tooth off the other issues were resolved by installing vm tools which apparently I hadn't. Some new issues that have come up are as follows: One of my applications running in Windows at times becomes too large to actually fit into its window and I have to restart application. It appears to change size and become to big for its window, upon returning after selecting control command keys to escape. Also I have a Wacom tablet which doesn't cover the area of the virtual screen, I have to reposition the pen in order to get more coverage of the screen.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

One of my applications running in Windows at times becomes too large to actually fit into its window and I have to restart application. It appears to change size and become to big for its window, upon returning after selecting control command keys to escape.

Sounds like the application isn't realizing the screen size changed, or it has a minimum size that's too large. If I'm right, this is a problem with the app and has nothing to do with Fusion. Which app is it?

Also I have a Wacom tablet which doesn't cover the area of the virtual screen, I have to reposition the pen in order to get more coverage of the screen.

Without having used a Wacom tablet, this sounds like a Wacom configuration problem.

0 Kudos
bk144
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to clarify my confusion around the Wacom tablet and a few other oddities. My tablet worked perfectly fine in my Windows environment prior to installing Fusion. It appears since adding Fusion there isn't any communication with my tablet and its driver. I have reinstalled driver and still no dice. Also I am noticing that there is no sound coming from my computer even though the correct audio device is selected in Windows control panel and volume adjustments are made.

Not sure this is relevant or related but I get a warning notice upon start-up "ATI control panel failed to initialize No ATI Driver installed or is not working properly..."

Another oddity, get error message VMware Fusion unrecoverable error (vmx) Unexpected signal 10 A log file is available in /users/... This message comes up whenever I try to shut or close down.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

My tablet worked perfectly fine in my Windows environment prior to installing Fusion. It appears since adding Fusion there isn't any communication with my tablet and its driver.

Is this only in the virtual environment or also in native boot? If only in the virtual environment, it is expected that the guest will not see the tablet by default. See : USB HID for an explanation and a way to connect the tablet to the guest.

Not sure this is relevant or related but I get a warning notice upon start-up "ATI control panel failed to initialize No ATI Driver installed or is not working properly..."

This is normal; virtual hardware looks different from native hardware. The guest does not get to talk directly to the host hardware, so it is correctly noticing that there is no ATI hardware.

Not sure about the sound issue.

0 Kudos
bk144
Contributor
Contributor

My tablet worked perfectly fine in my Windows environment prior to

installing Fusion. It appears since adding Fusion there isn't any

communication with my tablet and its driver.

Is this only in the virtual environment or also in native boot? If only

in the virtual environment, it is expected that the guest will not see

the tablet by default. See A Power User's Guide to VMware Fusion: USB

HID for an explanation and a way to connect the tablet to the guest.

Answer: This is just in virtual environment, works fine in native boot.

Another two oddities are:

One, I get an error message VMware Fusion unrecoverable error (vmx) Unexpected signal 10 A log file is available in /users/... This message comes up whenever I try to shut or close down.

Two, a message from time to time will pop up on my screen saying that I have lost wireless keyboard connection

0 Kudos