VMware Communities
TonyLima
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fusion Pro Download Issue

Just bought a license for Fusion Pro.  Been trying to download it for about an hour.  No matter which download link I click I end up at the Fusion Player download page.  Posting here because the virtual assistant is useless, there are no chat agents available, and I'd really like to get started on a project currently on hold because of this.

Thanks for any help/advice/criticism/whatever.  Been using Fusion approximately forever and really love the product.

Best,

Tony Lima

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

Eh... there is no separate VMware Fusion Player version.
The Pro version and the Player version are the exact same version.
The difference between the two is the license that you apply, the bits that you download are the same.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

5 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

The following link always downloads the latest version:

https://vmware.com/go/getfusion

hope this helps,
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
TonyLima
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sadly, that downloads the Player version.  I'll experiment to see if I can use something like that to get the Pro version.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@TonyLima 

Tried an incognito or private browser window?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

Eh... there is no separate VMware Fusion Player version.
The Pro version and the Player version are the exact same version.
The difference between the two is the license that you apply, the bits that you download are the same.

--
Wil

TonyLima
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Wil, I was planning to try that today. Thanks for confirming my guess. And thanks for your patience. 

Best,

T

0 Kudos