VMware Communities
biowizard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fusion Pro 13 and Workstation Pro 17 - Combined Licence Still Available?

With Fusion Pro 12 and Workstation Pro 16, I was able to install Fusion on my Mac and Workstation on my PC for the purchase of just one, single serial number which they shared.

Is the same true of Fusion Pro 13 and Workstation Pro 17?

I can't seem to find the licence agreement anywhere on the VMWARE website.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
biowizard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Happy to report that I now have Workstation Pro 17 up and running, with my new Fusion Pro 13 serial number!

The only bummer is that Fusion 13 won't run on my 2012 MacBook Pro, so I'm stuck with Fusion Pro 12 on that. Never mind, I do have a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro, so will install on that instead and then attempt to get the ARM version of Windows 11 up and running! This could be "fun" ...

Thanks to all - a happy bunny here!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you can still use a single Fusion Pro (or Workstation Pro) license for non-commercial purposes on up to 3 systems you own. Commercial use of either product requires one license per system. The license can be used for either Workstation or Fusion.

See The VMware Product Guide, section 7.7 at https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/product/vmware-product-guide.pdf

As a matter of fact I’m running Fusion 13 Pro and Workstation 17 Pro (on a Windows Intel PC) with the same Fusion 13 Pro license key (and yes, it’s non-commercial use). 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
biowizard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for that information! I've been trying to ascertain this for several days, searching in vain over the vmware website!

Best, Brian

0 Kudos
biowizard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Happy to report that I now have Workstation Pro 17 up and running, with my new Fusion Pro 13 serial number!

The only bummer is that Fusion 13 won't run on my 2012 MacBook Pro, so I'm stuck with Fusion Pro 12 on that. Never mind, I do have a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro, so will install on that instead and then attempt to get the ARM version of Windows 11 up and running! This could be "fun" ...

Thanks to all - a happy bunny here!

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@biowizard , glad you got things to work.

If you’re considering running Fusion 13 on an Apple Silicon Mac, you should check out the Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion Guide. It’s full of tips that will help you get the most out of Fusion 13 - and help you with installing and running Windows 11 ARM  

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
biowizard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks @Technogeezer, I'll check that out in due course!

0 Kudos