VMware Communities
Xelbas
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion Player 12 no network

Hi all,

Running Fusion Player 12 on macOS Catalina. I used previous versions of Fusion for years with no problems.

Just tried a series of VMs: copied, installed from scratch or deployed via OVA. However, the guest does not get any network access. Not even DHCP works.

Tcpdump on my host sees no activity whatsoever on the vmnet interfaces.

Tried the usual connect/disconnect/reboot etc but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried removing and replacing the NIC?

I.e. Remove the NIC, reboot, add a new one?

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
Xelbas
Contributor
Contributor

That's actually a good point, thank you.

I just tried that on a couple of VMs but no luck. There is no traffic at all to/from the VMs.

A while back I remember having to edit the nic type in the vm configuration file manually.

Not sure if this is something similar?

0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Xelbas ,

Are you on a wired or wireless network ?

Just tried a series of VMs: copied, installed from scratch or deployed via OVA. However, the guest does not get any network access. Not even DHCP works.

Are the VMs using NAT or Bridged network?

0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Xelbas ,

A while back I remember having to edit the nic type in the vm configuration file manually.

Could you upload the vmx file after your configuration?

0 Kudos
Xelbas
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, this was a couple of years ago. I do not remember which Fusion version. I am afraid I do not have the vms any longer

0 Kudos
Xelbas
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is a wireless network. However, I tried all three methods: NAT, bridge and isolated network. I have another macbook running the same version of MacOS (10.15.7) with Fusion Pro 11.1.1 and things work as expected.

0 Kudos