VMware Communities
dafirefox
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion Player 12.2.1 bad graphics with Windows 10

Well, I've scrolled through countless forums trying to find the answer for this, but I cannot figure it out. So it's time to type the question myself.

I have an iMac on Monterey with VMware Fusion Player version 12.2.1 running Windows 10 (64-bit). I just set this up a couple days ago.

My issue is with the graphics I think. I got this setup to play Age of Empires II: DE with my family, but it won't run without intense stuttering. I tried it offline and it does the same thing. I tried other graphics-related things and realized it was probably bad graphics. YouTube videos won't play without stuttering (audio and video).

Here are my specs:

HOST:

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

Processor 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

1TB in Storage

GUEST:

2 Processor Cores

8 GB Memory

250 GB in Storage

Accelerate 3D Graphics is enabled

I thought maybe not enough VRAM was being allocated, but that doesn't seem to be the issue... Unless it is, and I just don't know it or know how to fix it. I found a thread that looked like similar issues to mine, and I added a line to the .vmx file that helped others, but it didn't make any difference to me. So I removed the added line.

I'm at a loss. I used to use VMware on an iMac in college almost 10 years ago and I did a decent amount of gaming with my buddies. I thought I'd done a decent job and making this VM work, and now it's not working for even basic stuff. So I'm bummed.

Hope someone can help me!

0 Kudos
0 Replies