VMware Communities
mjsvm
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion, MacBook Pro (Fall 2008) Problems

i am not able to get the mb pro to resume when running fusion. when waking the machine from sleep the display appears blank, though the machine is clea on. is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Branching to new thread, as it's not obviously related.

Please see

0 Kudos
dreness
Contributor
Contributor

i am not able to get the mb pro to resume when running fusion. when waking the machine from sleep the display appears blank, though the machine is clea on. is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm able to sleep / wake with a VM running on my new MBP. The issue you describe can occur without Fusion running, especially if your computer is configured to require a password upon wake from sleep. I would make sure that sleep / wake works properly without Fusion, if you have not already tested it extensively. Another thing to try would be to enable remote login on the MBP, and then attempt to SSH in when the computer is in the unresponsive state after waking from sleep. If you can SSH in from another computer, this may be a useful way to gather diagnostic information from the computer while it's in the problem state (e.g. sampling Fusion, running 'top' to see if there are any processing spinning, etc).

Hope this helps,

-dre

0 Kudos