VMware Communities
jamesdmc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion EULA: Install on multiple Macs?

I've done some searching, but I still can't seem to find the EULA for Fusion. I hope it's not somewhere obvious and I looked right past it. And shame on me for not actually reading the EULA when I installed it, but...

I want to know if the purchase of a Fusion license is per user or per machine. I was able to find a couple of threads on this, but both threads were largely speculative because they were posted in 2007 during the betas (pre 1.0). So now that we're at version 2.0:

- is the EULA posted on the website somewhere? Could someone post a link if it is?

- specifically, I own three macs: a 15" macbook pro, a 24" iMac, and a Mac Pro. Can I legally install my one licensed copy on all three? This is not for business use; I'm just a guy with three personal computers is all.

I was able to gather from my reading that I can't run it on more than one machine at a time, and that won't be a problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The VMware Fusion 2 EULA is here: http://www.vmware.com/download/eula/fusion2.html. You can also view the EULA in Fusion Help menu: Help > License Agreement.

You can find the answer in 9.1(a) and 9.1(b). But the short answer is one license per machine.

David Liu

Product Manager

VMware

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
davidliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The VMware Fusion 2 EULA is here: http://www.vmware.com/download/eula/fusion2.html. You can also view the EULA in Fusion Help menu: Help > License Agreement.

You can find the answer in 9.1(a) and 9.1(b). But the short answer is one license per machine.

David Liu

Product Manager

VMware

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Interestingly, I posted the same info a few days ago. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jamesdmc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks guys. I'll be purchasing two more licenses in the next few days then.

James

0 Kudos
BoredMatt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is this the same for the student version? I tried looking but couldn't find anything specifically for the academic license.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes it is the same.

0 Kudos
BoredMatt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. I guessed it would be, but thought I'd check.

0 Kudos