VMware Communities
rmr0808
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion Crashes without superdrive connected

Just installed fusion with XP on my MacBook Air. System runs fine as long as I have the cd drive connected to the computer. If it is not connected and i try to launch Fusion - nothing happens. I must be over looking something somewhere - advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

please have look at

0 Kudos
rmr0808
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. The problem has been corrected.

Other question - When in Unity, I am unable to see the "lower control bar" in windows (the start menu ect). Is this normal, or is there an FAQ for that too!

Thanks again for the assistance.

0 Kudos
borisdusek
Expert
Expert

Other question - When in Unity, I am unable to see the "lower control bar" in windows (the start menu ect). Is this normal, or is there an FAQ for that too!

Fusion menubar > View > Show/Hide Taskbar in Unity mode

You might need to enable dock autohiding (Apple logo > Dock > Turn hiding on) or place the dock on left/right (Apple logo > Dock > Position on Left/Right) to be able to use the start menu and dock at the same time comfortably.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

To add to what Boris has said... You can move the Windows Taskbar to the Top (or Sides) of the OS X Desktop. If you put it on the side it's a little wide although you can resize it just ctrl-click (right-click) the Taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar in order to resize it and you ca re-lock it if you want.

0 Kudos
rmr0808
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the assistance.

I'm converting from a IBM laptop to the Apple MacBook Air - but i need all of my Microsoft apps running - it appears now I can live with this set up.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos