VMware Communities
Delphinus5
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 8 running Windows 7 OS on MacOS 10.12.3- drag from guest OS to Mac crashes guest OS

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Pro in Fusion 8.5.3, all on MacOS 10.12.3. For several months I have been unable to either drag and drop, or copy, files from the Windows guest OS to the Mac OS.  When I try, the Windows OS, about a second after releasing the file on the Mac side, shows a blue screen with the main error "BAD_POOL_HEADER" (see attached screenshot).

What I know:

- Drag and Drop & Copy and Paste options are both enabled in Fusion Options > Isolation

- I can successfully drag and drop, and copy, files the other way (Mac to Windows guest).

- I have repeated several times a clean install of VMWare Tools (uninstall via Control Panel, reboot, install, reboot), but it has not resulted in any change.

- I have had one other type of unusual behaviour from Windows within Fusion that may help indicate the problem.  When I connect a USB drive (any USB drive recently) to the Windows 7 within Fusion, Fusion displays a message that the device was unable to connect to its ideal host controller.  I am just starting to explore this problem- I don't know if the two issues are related.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Was this a clean or migrated VM?  If the latter, try creating a clean one - converted physical machines often have strange problems.

0 Kudos