VMware Communities
AndrewJMoser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fusion 8 cannot start newly created BootCamp

2015 Macbook, OSX 10.11 B6, Fusion 8 Pro.

Whenever I try to add BootCamp in Fusion 8 I get the following errors.

You do not have write access to a partition

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.37.45 AM.png

I click Allow All, and then get the following Bad file descriptor error

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.37.53 AM.png

Clicking retry has same results.  When I cancel, I get this error, VMware Fusion cannot synchronize with the disk before canceling.

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.38.01 AM.png

I can boot into bootcamp fine, I've run a repair on my disk and partition within OS X with no errors.   My partition scheme appears correct, but I'm not an expert there, just from what I've seen.  Anyone seen this or know a workaround?

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.40.52 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esean78
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Click "Deny All".

View solution in original post

27 Replies
esean78
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Click "Deny All".

AndrewJMoser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That works.  Curious why you have to do that though

0 Kudos
slimnickyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue though my hardware is a 2015 MBA, otherwise same everything. Performance is awful

Whilst Deny All then Yes to the next box works, it is taking me approx. 5-8 minutes for Windows to boot and when running it's okay but not as responsive as it used to be. Likewise, shutting down or restarting windows takes an extraordinary amount of time. Any thoughts or place to report this? Thanks.

AMcAmazeballs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same problem. My Windows 10 VM worked just fine under Yosemite 10.10 and VMWare Fusion 7. I upgraded to El Capitan, and then it would not run with the same errors. Upgraded to Fusion 8, same problem. The "Deny All" and then "Yes" works. The workaround works, but It's a bug for sure.

Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hey guys,

We're aware of this one, working on a product fix as we speak, sorry for the bug!

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
rubensoenksen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue, took me a while finding this conversation thread. A bunch of people out there are having this issue, they don't know what to do. Please fix to this bug to allow full operability and speed on bootcamp?

jaffanz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good to know this. thanks.

an ETA on the fix or any kind of workaround?

Hendrix74
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am experiencing same issue now.

Clicking 'deny all' cannot be a solution, because it requires much more time to access boot camp partition than to open boot camp in native mode.

Vmware tech should deal with this issue seriously.

If the issue cannot be solved they have to make a refund for the purchase.

jaffanz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm sure VMware Tech are taking this seriously, though i tend to agree that Fusion killing boot camp is Fusion killing a feature of why people by Fusion over Parallels.

@VMwareFusion do you have an official Post or KB to follow?

csteinle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having this exact same problem and it's massively infuriating. My Bootcamp was working fine in Fusions on Mavericks. The workaround does not work for me at all - windows just hangs. As this was the main reason I bought Fusions I'm very disillusioned. Importing my Bootcamp as a new VM also fails.

0 Kudos
raidenhxc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am working with no problems after disabling the new rootless feature that Apple created in 10.11.

osx - How do I disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) AKA "rootless" on Max OS X El Capitan (10.1...

Now I can use my virtual machine. No need to recreate one.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
TRitter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @ all,

I have the "System Integrity Protection" disabled.

But still I am getting the error messages described at the start my Boot Camp partition in Fusion 8

But I still have the impression that hangs with the error SIP together. VMware should promptly bring an update.

I use predominantly designed merger to access on my Boot Camp partition.

Greets

0 Kudos
csteinle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had to delete the VM and recreate it after disabling SIP.

TRitter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response. Your Notice worked ...

Thanks for the support ... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
studioparable
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

While disabling SIP presents itself as a "Workaround" it opens up security concerns. I would say this is not an actual fix especially with consideration of corporate and production environments. Disabling SIP is more intended for Developers than end users.

0 Kudos
TRitter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This should not be understood.

I see it as Workarround until an update of VMware is available ... unfortunately I have to say that has been this error preventable.

This new feature from OS X is already known for the last Month...

0 Kudos
csteinle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No problem. Just sharing help as a user. I agree that it's pretty poor to have got through the El Cap pre-releases without this being spotted by VMWare.

0 Kudos
rubensoenksen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is the fix ready? I'm massively annoyed.

Disabling SIP works partially and it requires some digging into bootcamp drive to give read/write permissions to all the folders.

0 Kudos
studioparable
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I would say this is defiantly NOT solved, and becoming an increasingly worse issue. In addition booting bootcamp get's increasingly slower over time. Would seem VMWare released Fusion in a beta version rather than an actual GM. Such as shame this hasn't been resolved yet.

0 Kudos