VMware Communities
al404
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 8.5 with windows 10 and wacom tablet

Yesterday I downloaded Fusion 8.5 to test it for windows 10, actually I'm using Parallels but their license restrict the use 1 license for 1 mac, fusion license is 1 license for all personal mac ( as almost all software )

After installing fusion I imported a windows 10 machine from Parallels, I update to latest version and installed VMware tools, I did not install atom drivers since on parallels they wasn't needed

Now the issue is that cursor keep going from virtual machine to mac and in virtual machine it works for few seconds and than it takes his way

Is not usable as it is now, what should i do to fix it?

Tags (2)
7 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Did you install the wacom drivers on the host or guest?

0 Kudos
al404
Contributor
Contributor

I have the Wacom drivers only on my mac I can try to install them on virtual machine

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Did you remove Parallels tools?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
al404
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstalling Parallels tools and reinstalling VmWare tools seems to work

No wacom tablet installed at this moment

0 Kudos
al404
Contributor
Contributor

EDIT: Sorry arter rebooting a couple of time I notice that

Uninstalling parallels tools and VMWare -> reboot -> tools mouse works ok, but screen resolution is an issue

Installing VMWare tools -> reboot -> screens is ok but mouse is not working right and is like draped inside the virtual machine, I can't exit the virtual machine without using shortcut buttons. Sometimes on click i get push out the VM in some random position on OS X, or I can see a double cursor.

I installed Wacom drivers, and then modified the USB device connected to windows to initialize driver setup otherwise it doesn't make any difference.

Now it seems to work correctly ( hope so ) 🙂

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Your description on how the mouse works sounds like VMware Tools isn't working correctly. This is normally resolved by uninstall - reboot - install of VMware Tools (yes I know you just did that)

Do not try a repair install from within the Guest OS as it likely will not fix this, unfortunately the "Reinstall VMware Tools" from the drop down menu also falls in that same category.

You really need the guest OS to reboot inbetween uninstall and install to make sure that all the files from VMware Tools are in the correct locations and of the correct version.

In short follow these steps:

• Uninstall VMware Tools
  • Reboot guest OS
  • Install VMware Tools
  • Reboot guest OS.

Follow the steps from the installer to completely uninstall VMware Tools 

• Reboot the guest OS.
  • Then from the Virtual Machine menu select "Install VMware Tools"

If no installer appears, go to the DVD-rom within windows and click "setup" (for 32 bits windows) or "setup64" (for 64 bits windows)

Once you see an installer, click "Next" until Finish, keep the defaults.

• Reboot the guest when done installing (it will ask by itself to reboot)

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
al404
Contributor
Contributor

is what i did and still did not work, with all reboots

after that i download and install wacom drivers

but did not seem to make any difference, so i enable usb wacom from the configuration menu

at that point the wacom wizard pup up and i complete the installation

after that and a couple of reboot i could disconnect the wacom tablet from VM usb device, and now seems to work fine

if I will get new issue I will try again with VMWare Tools

0 Kudos