VMware Communities
henkus123
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 8.5.3 Windows 10 mouse lag

Hi guys,

Running a fully updated Windows 10 enterprise VM in Fusion 8.5.3 and I'm having some problems with my mouse cursor. When I hover my cursor over some applications like outlook the cursor becomes a bit laggy and sluggish. When I move the cursor over my desktop or taskbar for instance it works without the lag. I already tried turning off retina and disabling all animation in my VM without any succes. Anyone else having a problem like this?

Best!

9 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Henk,

Is your issue similar as described in this thread?

Horrible Lag

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
henkus123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have issues similar to the ones described in that thread.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

OK, only suggestion I currently have is to try and change the mouse optimisation under VMware Fusion menu -> Preferences -> Gaming ->

The mouse can be set to three values down there, try all options there and see if it helps to resolve.

and... if that doesn't help, please open a support ticket with VMware.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
henkus123
Contributor
Contributor

That makes it even worse.. How can I file in a support ticket?

0 Kudos
henkus123
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have the problem in my Ubuntu vm (or other linux vm's)

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Well another thing I would still try myself would be re-installing VMware Tools.

Take a snapshot or backup before doing this so you have an easy way to go back (just basic advice)

Do not try a repair install from within the Guest OS as it likely will not fix this, unfortunately the "Reinstall VMware Tools" from the drop down menu also falls in that same category.

You really need the guest OS to reboot inbetween uninstall and install to make sure that all the files from VMware Tools are in the correct locations and of the correct version.

In short follow these steps:

• Uninstall VMware Tools
  • Reboot guest OS
  • Install VMware Tools
  • Reboot guest OS.

To get official support please go to: Fusion Support and open a ticket at File a Support Request

--

Wil

0 Kudos
henkus123
Contributor
Contributor

Well I already installed a new VM and still have the same issue, so it seems to be a combination of Windows 10 and fusion 8.5.3. I'll open up a ticket!

Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you wouldn't mind sharing the SR number once you get it, I can follow up internally and see if we need to file a bug.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
henkus123
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I wanted to make a support ticket, but ended up shooting in a ticket at licensing support. Can I use that one too that you guys can track it?

0 Kudos