VMware Communities
CSL5000
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 7 graphics performance - Windows Experience Index drops

I re-ran the Windows Experience Index following the upgrade to Fusion 7.

My CPU and Hard Drive results remained the same, and my memory result (operations per second) increased from 5.5 to 7.4 which is great.

I saw my graphics performance drop however :-

* Desktop performance for Windows Aero went from 5.4 to 4.4

* 3D business and gaming graphics went from 4.7 to 4.5

Anyone else seeing similar results? I am running on an early 2011 MacBook Pro with a 2.3GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB, and my VM is running with 2 cores and 4GB of memory assigned.

62 Replies
jwihffin
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same moving from Fusion 5 to Fusion 7.1 on a MBP17 2011 with 16GB ram and SSD etc.  The VM is Win7 with 4GB ram and 4 cores.

I've upgraded to hardware 11 from 9, and updated the VM tools.

Please resolve, i need this for work.

Regards

0 Kudos
LaneLeBaron
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with performance. My Visual Studio runs alright but I notice that when I use Chrome it is painfully slow and not worth using. Have to go back to my Host OS and it work flawless. I'm on a 2013 Macbook Pro. OS X Yosemite. Can I downgrade to v6?

0 Kudos
itdrivers
Contributor
Contributor

I am running Fusion 7.1.1 with a VM of Windows XP Professional - I have run a bench mark using Novabench which records the GPU with a score of 16, this is consistent and aligns with slow grahics performance I am experiencing with vm applications.

When I run Parallels V10 with the same host hardware and a VM of XP professional it has a GPU of 42, almost three times as fast as VMware

Either Parallels have done something wonderful in terms of performance or Vmware have missed the ticket !

Any advice - I have tried everything within this thread ?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos