VMware Communities
ccunning
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 7 Pro trial has no option to File --> Connect to Server

I own Fusion 7 and just setup an ESXi server so I wanted to trial 7 Pro to try connecting to manage VMs, but when I download the 7 Pro trial installer it honestly looks exactly like 7. What am I missing? Both links here start downloading the same file, and I see no option to specify Pro in the installation: Try VMware Fusion or Fusion Pro. Run Windows on a Mac without rebooting. | United States

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
0ne1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Check your license in the VMWare Fusion -> License menu. It will most likely have picked up your Standard license.

You should be able to temporarily move the license file located in

/Library/Preferences/VMWare Fusion/license-fusion-<xxx>

to another directory in order to start your Pro Evaluation. Make sure to either close VMWare Fusion before you move the file, or completely uninstall it if just closing does not work for you

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
0ne1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Check your license in the VMWare Fusion -> License menu. It will most likely have picked up your Standard license.

You should be able to temporarily move the license file located in

/Library/Preferences/VMWare Fusion/license-fusion-<xxx>

to another directory in order to start your Pro Evaluation. Make sure to either close VMWare Fusion before you move the file, or completely uninstall it if just closing does not work for you

Regards

0 Kudos
ccunning
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did the trick.

Thank you...

0 Kudos