VMware Communities
immixJeff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 7 & 8 - Windows 10 - Edge browser - No two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling works everywhere except in the Edge browser.  This is in two different installations.  One with Fusion 7 and the other with Fusion 8.  In neither instance does 2 finger scrolling work.  Chrome, Safari, IE 11 as well as all other apps are fine.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
immixJeff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Figured it out!!!   Turns out I was running an app called WizMouse: 

"WizMouse is a mouse enhancement utility that makes your mouse wheel work on the window currently under the mouse pointer, instead of the currently focused window. This means you no longer have to click on a window before being able to scroll it with the mouse wheel. This is a far more comfortable and practical way to make use of the mouse wheel."

I've been using this app for years and had completely forgotten about it.  This functionality is now native with Windows 10 so it's not needed.  Once I quit the app, Edge scrolling started working.

Hope this might help out someone else with the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
immixJeff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Figured it out!!!   Turns out I was running an app called WizMouse: 

"WizMouse is a mouse enhancement utility that makes your mouse wheel work on the window currently under the mouse pointer, instead of the currently focused window. This means you no longer have to click on a window before being able to scroll it with the mouse wheel. This is a far more comfortable and practical way to make use of the mouse wheel."

I've been using this app for years and had completely forgotten about it.  This functionality is now native with Windows 10 so it's not needed.  Once I quit the app, Edge scrolling started working.

Hope this might help out someone else with the same problem.

0 Kudos