VMware Communities
geekzero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fusion 7.0.1 + Yosemite: stopped working

I've been on Yosemite on this machine since it hit released, and on Fusion 7 since it released.  Now on 10.10.1 and 7.0.1 respectively.

On one machine http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i7-3.4-27-inch-aluminum-late-2012-specs.h... everything was working fine, when suddenly both Win 7 and Ubuntu 14.04.1 VMs froze with an "internal VMWare issue".  I elected to get the dump from one of them, then when it was done, rebooted the Mac.

Now when I try to start any VM on that machine, I get "Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory."  I tried the http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100348... methods in the KB article, un-install, download, install, repair disk permissions, reboot, and no difference.  Anyone seen a way to deal with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
geekzero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fixed.

Had an awesome troubleshooting session on the phone and WebEx with Mohanraj from VMWare support.  The eventual solution was to re-apply the OS/X 10.10.1 update, which fixed the Yosemite problem with being unable to load a kernel extension, com.apple.kpi.mach which was blocking vmmon from loading.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
geekzero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fixed.

Had an awesome troubleshooting session on the phone and WebEx with Mohanraj from VMWare support.  The eventual solution was to re-apply the OS/X 10.10.1 update, which fixed the Yosemite problem with being unable to load a kernel extension, com.apple.kpi.mach which was blocking vmmon from loading.

0 Kudos
xyra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I've been using vware on my mac for 10 years.

A few months ago I bought a macbook pro with Yosemite and the vware in catalogocarrefouronline.com and the same thing happens to me.

I can not I go well Windows 7 with Yosemite. Already we are can do

0 Kudos