VMware Communities
Jinja
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 6 virtual machine suspended and crashed and cannot restart or uninstall - HELP...!!

I need to uninstall a virtual machine that is suspended, but cannot find anyway to do it!

The virtual machine - Windows XP SP3 - Has suspended then crashed, it just will bot restart.

As it is suspended, I have no option to delete the virtual machine or VMWare Fusion.  If I try to delete Fusion, it does not delete the virtual machine.  I've tried to restart windows and unsuspend it from code and nothing at all, nothing works!

I've attached a picture of the error message I get when hitting resume of the virtual machine.

Please help me, I'm at my wits end.  I need to release the 100GB that the virtual machine has bloated to!

Thank you in advance.... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Fusion 6 has been a while ago,

if I understand you correctly then the menu item "delete" under main menu item "edit" is shaded?

Note that by deleting the VM you will loose all data that is in the VM!

There's a number of ways to do so.

Right click (Control+Click) the VM in the Virtual Machines Library and choose delete there.

If that doesn't work is the option "Show in Finder" available? if so that will give you the file location of the VM in Finder and you can just delete it there.

It might also be possible to upgrade your Fusion version using a trial version, but as we don't know your host OS or if your system requirements are sufficient to install Fusion 10 that is not something I recommend at this stage.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Jinja
Contributor
Contributor

Hi wila

Thanks for your reply.

The option to delete is shaded yes.  If I right click the only option that shows itself is take a snapshot!  Picture of VM library attached.

Oh, and it\s Windows 7 I'm running not XP....lol

Do you know another way of finding the VM on a MAC running Sierra 10.12.6

Many thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Jinja
Contributor
Contributor

It's OK - I've now sorted it Smiley Happy

Many thanks again for your help....

0 Kudos