VMware Communities
Matthewe79
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 6 poor video performance on MBPr

I am currently trialing fusion 6 along side parallels 9. Both are granted 2 of 4 cores with 8GB of ram out of my 16.  Running Win 7.  Screen res is 1440x900.

In fusion 6 I am seeing a lot if screen tearing when I am simply moving a window and opening and closing windows (with or without 3D acceleration and non retina settings).

I am not seeing the tearing or choppiness in parallels.  In fact in parallels video performance is quite native to a windows pc.

I have been a parallels user/upgrader/chump for years but I'd really like to make the switch to VMware. Am I missing a setting somewhere in fusion or is video performance not on par with parallels?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Let's see...1 post, mention of competing product, issue not reported elsewhere.  Hmmmmmmmm.....

But just in case this isn't a parallels representative in the forum, did you create a new VM, from scratch, in Fusion?

0 Kudos
Matthewe79
Contributor
Contributor

Of course i did [edited].

Message was edited by: Wil van Antwerpen Removed name calling, while I might understand your frustration, we do not support personal attacks on this forum. Please keep the conversation at a professional level.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

We've had a lot of trolls and shills for other vendors in the forums.

Often issues like this are caused when people try to convert either VM's from other products or from physical machines, so my question was perfectly reasonable.

What hardware are you running, and did you install the VMWare tools?

0 Kudos