VMware Communities
larta74
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 6 and unknown PCI Device

Hello,

I've upgrade fusion 5 to new version, I've upgrade vmware tools on my VM XP SP3 but after the restart it came out this unknown PCI Device, I tried the Google search for information but nothing to do, please help me!!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If the Virtual Machine's Hard Disk an or CD/DVD have been set to SATA then the unknown PCI device is because Windows XP does not support the VMware Virtual SATA Drive ATA Device.  Only certain OSes that contain in box drivers for AHCI/SATA will be able to access the VMware Virtual SATA Drive ATA Device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gringley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I see the same issue.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To help figure out what is what, the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .zip file it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

Note: Use the "Use advanced editor" link in the upper right corner of the normal reply window to bring up the Advanced Editor where you'll be able to attach files via the Choose File button or Browse button (depending on the Browser) above the Post Message button!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If the Virtual Machine's Hard Disk an or CD/DVD have been set to SATA then the unknown PCI device is because Windows XP does not support the VMware Virtual SATA Drive ATA Device.  Only certain OSes that contain in box drivers for AHCI/SATA will be able to access the VMware Virtual SATA Drive ATA Device.

0 Kudos
larta74
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the information Smiley Happy

0 Kudos