VMware Communities
joemath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fusion 6 - Tooltip artifacts in Visual Studio and Eclipse

I'm running Fusion 6.0.2.  I have Visual Studio 2012 and Eclipse Kepler installed in separate Windows 7 x64 virtual machines with VMware Tools V9.6.1.

In both virtual machines, a lot of artifacts are left behind by the tooltips that appear while mousing around the IDE editor.  See attached screen snippet from Visual Studio - the grey areas are the artifacts.  The same occurs in the Eclipse editor.

The artifacts go away when I a) move the mouse to make the tooltip reappear, then slowly mouse away, or b) wiggle the mouse over the artifact as if to "erase" it.

The problem is specific to the tooltips in the editors.  Other parts of the IDEs redraw properly.

I've tried turning off "Accelerate 3D graphics" and unchecking "use full resolution for retina display".  Neither made a difference.  I've also tried changing color depth and disabling the "fade/slide" visual effects in Windows Performance.  Those didn't make a difference either.

I did not experience this issue in Fusion 4 (or earlier).  It first appeared when I upgraded from Fusion 4 to Fusion 6.01.  Now I'm using Fusion 6.02 and it still occurs.

My system:

* MacBookPro8,3 (non-retina)

* 16GB of RAM

* AMD Radeon HD 6770M

* OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Any assistance appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTa
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem and feel your pain.  I find myself "erasing" the artefacts by moving my mouse around!

0 Kudos
avanish321
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos