VMware Communities
mattydeb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 5 downgrade question

I am trying to downgrade my Fusion 5 trial to Fusion 4 which I have a license for.  I have read the instructions on how to uninstall manually but it makes no mention of the programs installed within Windows.  So my question is this: Upon reinstall, will I still have my programs if I uninstall Fusion 5 and install Fusion 4?  The importance is that I do not want to burn throught my product licences upon reinstalling Fusion 4

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Uninstalling VMware Fusion does not remove the Virtual Machines, no more so then uninstalling most other applications.  Like uninstalling Microsoft Office doesn't remove the work product created, documents, workbooks, power point presentations, etc.  It's no different for VMware Fusion! Smiley Wink

Before uninstalling VMware Fusion 5.x have a look at: Change the Compatibility of a Virtual Machine

Also uninstall/reinstall, not repair install, VMware Tools so as to be running the correct version for the version of VMware Fusion you're running.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Uninstalling VMware Fusion does not remove the Virtual Machines, no more so then uninstalling most other applications.  Like uninstalling Microsoft Office doesn't remove the work product created, documents, workbooks, power point presentations, etc.  It's no different for VMware Fusion! Smiley Wink

Before uninstalling VMware Fusion 5.x have a look at: Change the Compatibility of a Virtual Machine

Also uninstall/reinstall, not repair install, VMware Tools so as to be running the correct version for the version of VMware Fusion you're running.

0 Kudos