VMware Communities
Akrazia
Contributor
Contributor

[ Fusion 5 & 6 | Windows 8.1 | MacBook Pro Retina Display OSX 10.8 ] May have DPI awareness issue

I am developing a WPF application which needs to be placed on a specific screen and in a specific location so I am using a matrix transform to translate to the screen/device pixels.

On Windows XP, 7 and 8 it will show in the correct location across a range of Macs and PCs, virtual or not, and across all popular Windows XP, 7 and 8 VM technologies.

On Windows 8.1, in VMWare Fusion 5 & 6, and only on a MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display, it is showing too close to the Y axis along the X plane. Note that all of our other laptops and monitors have standard display resolutions.. So this may be an issue related to OS X, but it could be an issue related to high resolution screens.

Apparently, Microsoft added a number of functions to Windows 8.1 as part of their implementation of per-monitor DPI awareness. I am thinking this could, perhaps, be related if you have not yet adjusted for this? (assuming you're acting as a proxy for getting/setting DPI info I need in order to do my transform)

High DPI Reference (Windows)

0 Kudos
0 Replies