VMware Communities
joeyalex82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 5.0.3 Unity Mode Window Focus Issue

I am having an issue with Unity Mode in Fusion 5.0.3.  It shows up in a few places, but the most annoying is in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.  Basically, the active window will lose focus when certain tool tips or pop ups happen within the application.  When an intellisense prompt comes up, the window loses focus, and I can no longer type.  This makes working in Visual Studio completely unbearable.

Everything seemed to work in 5.0.1.  I tried 5.0.2 and it did not fix this issue, and it appears to remain unchanged in 5.0.3.  I have attached a video showing the problem.  (The youtube version was not clear enough to see what was happening)

It does this consistently and drives me completely nuts.  I've gone back down to 5.0.1 for now.

My setup is as follows:

• iMac Mid 2011 (3.4GHz Core-i7, 16GB RAM)
  • VM is Windows 7 Professional, running Visual Studio 2010.

I tried to submit a help request, but it appears that since someone else in the office buys the software I can't send one from my account...so this was all I could think of to do.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just wanted to add that this is being tracked by internal bug #985464 and I hope to be able to look into this soon. Sorry this is such an obnoxious bug! =:( But thank you very much for the bug report!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
changhai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

joeyalex82,

Thanks a lot for your input.

we have one internal ticket to track this issue and would update you once we have final solution.

thanks a lot for your patience.

Best Regards,

changhai

vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just wanted to add that this is being tracked by internal bug #985464 and I hope to be able to look into this soon. Sorry this is such an obnoxious bug! =:( But thank you very much for the bug report!

0 Kudos
joeyalex82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'll keep an eye out for that bug number in the release notes!

0 Kudos
joeyalex82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are there any updates on this bug?  I have had to stop using Unity mode completely when I'm running Visual Studio, which is not an ideal solution...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hey there!

Sorry for not reporting back sooner, but yes, I've squashed this bug and the fix will be included in the next Fusion release. Please report back and let me know the good (hopefully) news! =:)

0 Kudos