VMware Communities
howardr
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 4.1.2. After install can no longer print on the Mac side.

Greetings,

I'm using a MacBook Pro running OSX SL at the most current level.

I upgraded from Fusion 3 to Fusion 4 (uninstalled 3 first then installed 4) after which I did the update to Fusion 4.1.2 which appeared to run fine.

Being I'm new to the Mac I installed Fusion because I need Windows-XP.

Prior to the installation of Fusion I spent 2 weeks trying to get my printers working just on the Mac side without Fusion.  I'm using an HP Deskjet 5850 (5800 series) printer which worked just fine.  The printer is an IP printer at IP address 192.168.1.11 and can be pinged from both the Mac side and the Windows-XP side. Before Fusion there wasn't any issue printing on the Mac side.

After Fusion installation I didn't have any issues printing on the Windows side.

Now with Fusion installed I can still print on the Windows side but not on the Mac side.

All settings are as normal with printer sharing.

When trying to print on the Mac side I see the printer queue for the HP pop up and it says 'waiting to connect' to 192.168.1.11.

I tried a dozen different settings non of which worked.

I switched from a NAT connection to a Bridged connection for Windows but still the same result, no printing from the Mac side.

Is there a problem with this release of fusion or is it somewhere in my system settings?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tracywang
Expert
Expert

I suggest you delete the printer on Mac side and re-add it, test if it works on the host. And then delete all the thinprint printer printer name:1, :2 etc in the guest and reboot the guest, the thinprint printer will show up after your reboot the guest. Then print from your guest should be work.

0 Kudos
howardr
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

What is 'thinprint'???

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert

ThinPrint is a drivers printer solution, that means, if your Mac host have installed the printer drivers, your VM can use the printer directly without install the driver again.

0 Kudos