VMware Communities
Falarys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 4.0.2: Disable Mac Menubar and toolbar

Hi,

I just got fusion 4 and upgraded to 4.0.2. It's the german version of it.

1.) Now I use it mostly in fullscreen mode. When in fullscreen there is this small black toolbar from fusion, which holds the 3 main menu buttons. Actually when I searched for a way to hide that bar, I stumbled upon the menu point hide toolbar (on the internet) which should be under "view". But under view I don't have this item... is this a bug in the german version or is it just not there or maybe I'm just too blind to find it elsewhere. My view menu only includes the following items:

- single window

- unity

- fullscreen

- show taskarea in unity mode

- show infoarea in unity mode

- use display device in fullscreen

- show symbolbar

- adjust symbolbar

Any ideas how to remove that small black bar?

2.) Another thing in fullscren is (and I never had that behavior with fusion 3): when pointing at the top with my mouse cursor, the mac menubar will show and steal the focus. This is very annoying. Is there a possibility to prevent that behavior in fusion 4? I did not found any answors on that topic on the net...

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Mario

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It's really weird, can you upload the plMainMenu.nib in /Applications/VMware Fusion.app\Contents\Resources\German.lproj\, please compress it as a zip before upload.

And please try swith to the English and United States region and see if the menu is fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

To hide the titlebar, select Auto hide and show or Always hide.

Screen Shot 2011-09-25 at 9.12.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-09-25 at 21.22.02.png

I don't have the second issue.

0 Kudos
Falarys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply! That's exactly what I had in fusion 3. But with fusion 4 now my menu items look like this (screenshot):

Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-10 um 11.43.10.png

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you try reinstall Fusion 4 and see if it comes back? if not can you tell me which region are you using? (Deutschland?) Because I tried this region and I can see the menu is not missing.

0 Kudos
Falarys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, just removed Fusion 4 by moving the application icon to the trash and also checking if the preferences folder in libraries is also deleted.

Then downloaded Fusion 4 with link "download purchased fusion 4" -> (Filename: VMware-Fusion-4.0.2-491587-light.dmg).

Installed by double clicking and moving to application folder. Still same behavior Smiley Sad

Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-10 um 12.34.39.png

My region would be Austria Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It's really weird, can you upload the plMainMenu.nib in /Applications/VMware Fusion.app\Contents\Resources\German.lproj\, please compress it as a zip before upload.

And please try swith to the English and United States region and see if the menu is fine.

0 Kudos
Falarys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

sry for my late reply. I changed my system language to english (Fusion does not have an own region selection, does it?) and it's still the same behavior.

Screen Shot 2011-10-11 at 19.51.07.png

Additionally I added my plMainMenu.nib. from German.lproj.

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The nib seems fine. Please try change the region in formats to United States also. And also try the Application menu.

If all failed, collect support information from Fusion Help menu and attach it here.

Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 10.09.33 PM.png

Falarys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

changed the format region to United States, but the fusion behavior did not change...

Funny thing: I enabled the application menu and looked up the view menu and there the item exists and I am able to hide the black minibar in fullscreen with this.

Thanks for that hint! Smiley Happy

Concerning the mac os top menu bar which shows when the mouse touches the top of the screen, you wouldn't know any place to look for more information on that?

Should I still upload support information?

Thanks again!

Mario

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, upload it and I will try to find any useful info.

0 Kudos
Falarys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Alright, I got the collected support information Smiley Happy

Thank you for looking into it!

0 Kudos
hawkins65
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you ever find a resolution to your question #2?  I started seeing this *only* after upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 when I also updated VMware tools in my Win7-x64 VM. 

0 Kudos