VMware Communities
qo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 4.0.2 (491587). Mouse pointer displaced (guest OS independent).

Hi,

After upgrading to 4.0.2 (491587), the mouse pointer alignment is off by about 40 pixels or so.  That is, the mouse appears to be pointing @ e.g. x.100 y.100 but it's actually pointing @ x.140 y.140.

For now, I've enabled the Locate Pointer feature in the Fedora Mouse prefs (press Ctrl key and a bullseye appears indicating where the mouse is pointing), but would appreciate any pointers to workarounds.

I've tried the following:

1. Upgrade VMWare Tools to the latest version and rebooted Fedora

2. Changed screen resolutions in Fedora Display Prefs (tried several different resolutions)

Anyone else seeing this?  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Allen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
haggy100
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

actually, responding to your post made me think about it again. I went into universal access on the mac and changed the pointer magnification to "normal" (I had had it enlarged). It worked. Try it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
haggy100
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have same problem (Windows XP, Fusion 4.02), so it's not related to Fedora.

qo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks haggy, that's good to know...not that you have the problem, but that it's an os-independent problem :smileylaugh:.

0 Kudos
haggy100
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

actually, responding to your post made me think about it again. I went into universal access on the mac and changed the pointer magnification to "normal" (I had had it enlarged). It worked. Try it.

0 Kudos
qo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip haggy!  I'll give it a shot this evening when I get home (I'm putting off upgrading @ work for now).

I HAVE enlarged the mouse pointer though, so your suggestion seems promising.

Regards,

Allen

0 Kudos
qo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bingo.  Thank you so much haggy!

Hopefully a fix is forthcoming from VMware, but I can squint until then.

0 Kudos
haggy100
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

note that find cursor with ctrl is now off. It's a fairly deep design bug, but good luck getting their attention about it.

0 Kudos