VMware Communities
Kajukenbokid
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 3 install errors - and now the system is slow and buggy.

Anyway to resotor Fusion 2 without trashing my virtual machines?

.... Man I can't stand it when vendors release beta software like this.

S

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

These kexts are nothing to do with VMware.

A Google search brings me this, which looks to be a Canon software issue.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10281551

You may want to look into that....

0 Kudos
Kajukenbokid
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Nonetheless, Fusion 3 is still buggy and slow.

... I am lucky if it can reconnect to the network when I fire up an XP virtual machine - a problem I never had with version 2.

Again, is there a way to role back to version 2 and get my money back from VMware?

Stef

0 Kudos
iNexxFear
Contributor
Contributor

To my understanding once VMWare Fusion 3 updates the virtual machine, that the code can't really be rolled back. If you have an older backup copy of the VMClient you might be able to, but as of the moment I would think not.

However I did see a KB article about problems with VMWare if Fuse had an issue.

Have you tried totally removing fusion, its plists and such and then reinstalling? VM 3 clean?

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

You can always rollback to Fusion 2.0.x by uninstalling the 3.x VMware Tools, uninstall VMware Fusion (uninstaller is on the .dmg), re-install Fusion 2.0.x and re-install the VMware Tools from 2.0.x.

Before you rollback, it would be helpful to provide the VMware team with details of your hardware by running this command in Terminal and copy/paste the output in your reply.

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType

0 Kudos
Kajukenbokid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Just an update; I uninstalled VMware Fusion 3 and reinstalled 2.05 and all is well - meaning I got back my network connections again.

.. it seems that VMware Fusion 3.x is still buggy.

Stefan

0 Kudos