VMware Communities
jasimon9
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 3 Application Menu bugs

When using various of the new application menu and dock features for starting Windows programs, while the basic functionality works in that the program starts, the properties of the Windows Start Menu shortcut are ignored.

This happens when a running windows program is changed to "Keep in Dock", or when it is started from the first pull down of the Application Menu. However if you drill down into the All Programs section of the application menu, the startup icon works as before, with its settings.

The malfunction of the icon when started from the Dock or the first pulldown varies, depending upon how critical the missing paramters are to the running of the program. In some cases, it is merely that the program starts up in the wrong directory, which is possibly fixable within the program. In other cases, the program will not run at all without its parameters.

In Windows, a program shortcut has parameters. In VMWare, there appears to be no parameters provided to the starting program in the new functionality This is a pretty serious omission, which seriously undermines the new functionality.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sailesh_a
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the detailed report. This is indeed a bug.

Thanks,

Sailesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sailesh_a
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the detailed report. This is indeed a bug.

Thanks,

Sailesh

0 Kudos
owenzel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I´m bringing that up again - any news? Again, the application included myself are starting but everything else is ignored (I guess under All Programs - I´m using the German version).

It´s annoying that I always have to go into the Full Screen mode to start a program.

0 Kudos