VMware Communities
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Fusion 3.1.3 and OS X Lion

A new blog posting covering running Fusion 3.1.3 on OS X Lion is now available:

http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2011/07/os-x-lion-spotted-in-the-wild.html

Feel free to post your experiences and feedback in this thread.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
81 Replies
stillers
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running Fusion 3.1.3 on a new MacBook Air (4gb RAM, i7 cpu) with a Windows 7 Pro VM, and I seem to be having some problems related to compatibility with the video card.

I'm using some high-end 3D programs from Autodesk, which won't run properly unless I DISABLE the "Accelerate 3D Graphics" checkbox in my VM's settings.

This doesn't seem right, but its the only way I can get the Autodesk programs to run.  Has anyone else seen this?  I would expect that having 3D enabled would actually improve performance and make it more compatible.

I'm wondering if this is an issue where Fusion's video driver hasn't been updated to make it more compatible with OS X Lion?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello Stillers,

It might be, but in order to get at least a bit better support I'd suggest to start a new topic in the forum instead of adding the issue here to a general Lion discussion.

When you post the question again, please add the vm-support.tgz file that is generated from the Fusion -> Help menu -> Collect support information to your message.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos