VMware Communities
UlrichCM
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 3.0.1 - Windows 7 - Acrobat Reader printing problems

My printers are connected to a Mac mini. I use VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro (5.2).

All my printers are installed on my MacBook Pro. From OS X printing works fine.

In Windows 7 on VMware Fusion if i use the printerautomation the test Page will work fine and fast. But if i want to print a document from Acrobat Reader it takes a very long time to print.

If i want to install the printer with Bonjour from Windows 7 i get the error message "Not enough rights to print".

If i install the printer over the windows 7 network neighbohood then the test page will work but nothing happens from acrobat reader.

?¿?

Can anybody help me?

Everything is updated, everything was newly installed.....

Regards,

Ulrich

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

All my printers are installed on my MacBook Pro. From OS X printing works fine.

Installation instructions for printers vary greatly by manufacturer/model. Please name your exact printer model. Sometimes "network" printers are installed using a local printer option by adding an TCP/IP port, e.g many HP printers work this way.

If i want to install the printer with Bonjour from Windows 7 i get the error message "Not enough rights to print".

Many older programs not updated for Vista/7 may not work with UAC enabled. Have you tried to disable UAC to see if this changes anything. Sometimes it is not necessary to disable if you run the program as Administrator (in Properties of a pinned application) or properties of Bonjour, run as Administrator. Turning UAC off temporarily is an easy way to see if this will work at all.

0 Kudos
UlrichCM
Contributor
Contributor

All the printers are USB connected to the Mac mini. From my MacBook Pro i use the Apple functionality to connect over the network to the Mac mini for printing. On OS X all printers are supported by Apple. On Windows 7 all printers are supported by Microsoft.

The User Account Control is disabled.

I think this is a problem by Acrobat Reader.

I have found an solution: If i connect to the Mac mini whith an user account and connect then over the network, i could install the printer as Windows Networkprinter.

(net use
\192.168.21.9 /u:192.168.21.9\User password)

0 Kudos