VMware Communities
neilford
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 2.x Sluggish

Stats: Macbook Pro 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, MacOS 10.5.6

I have noticed recently, maybe as far back as my upgrade to 2.x, that both my MacOS and my Windows XP VM are acting sluggish. I have one Virtual processor allotted to my Windows XP VM and 2 gb alloted to my VM. Has anyone else, who upgraded, noticed this? Is there a way to optimize the performance of both my host and the VM to get a better performance from both? Thanks.

neilford

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gangee
Contributor
Contributor

I posted in a related thread.

Sluggish is putting it mildly. At times, the Windows side becomes unusable. I'm on 2.4.

0 Kudos
hyssop
Contributor
Contributor

I am running 2.04 as well, which I installed on April 20th. Worked fine for awhile, but about 2 days ago, everything started running extremely slow, on the whole machine. I have cleaned up windows, even done a defrag, but it is still extremely slow, and this isn't related to just browsers, those actually seem to be working. I mostly use browsers on the mac side though. Is it possible that a windows update actually slowed down the whole system? I use Windows XP Home.

0 Kudos
hyssop
Contributor
Contributor

After a lot of trial and errors, includuing uninstaling and reinstalling Fusion a couple of times, and even rolling back upgrades on some other programs that all updated about the same time the problems started I could not get it fixed. Finally I booted up in Bootcamp, and it took fricken forever. So that told me the problem was with Windows directly, and nothing to do with Fusion. Still trying to resolve the windows issue, and there may be a disk error issue, so I might just reinstall windows and rebuild that side.

0 Kudos