VMware Communities
TatiNddk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 13.0.1: Windows 11 ARM boot error 0xc00000f

I just purchased Fusion Pro V1  and I have it installed on my Mac Book Air (M2 8GB/SSD512).  I have installed Windows 11 ARM edition (beta) from the Microsoft VHDX (converted to a vmdk image). Everything went great and I even managed to set up the Internet. But the next day I tried to start Windows and faced a "blue screen" with the message: 

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc00000f"

Please advise how to solve this problem and boot Windows and how to prevent this in the future. (And how did the problem appear in the first place?)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's in the VMware Fusion Documents section of the forum

Or search he forum (click the magnifying glass on top of the forum page) for "Companion" or "Unofficial".

Or, here's the direct link:  Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion Guide

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for Fusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
TatiNddk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you tell me how to at least boot a recovery disk or reinstall Windows on a virtual machine?

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Unless there's something critical in the vm, just build a new one.  In fact, that'd be my recommendation anyway: follow the instructions in the unofficial guide in the documents section of the forum, and build a non-insider VM - otherwise you'll have to rebuild it every few months from scratch as the builds expire.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

One thing that I would suggest with any Windows 11 VM is to always shut the VM down from within the guest. Since there is no VMware Tools other than video and network drivers, there's nothing in the VM to gracefully handle a request to shut down the VM. My feeling is that powering off a VM from the Fusion menus is equivalent to crashing it.

I remember seeing this behavior with the Insider Preview VHDX files. I've not seen it since switching to a Retail build from uupdump and shutting Windows down from within the VM.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
TatiNddk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. The only thing is... I can't find where in this forum there is this guide to build a "non-insider VM"

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's in the VMware Fusion Documents section of the forum

Or search he forum (click the magnifying glass on top of the forum page) for "Companion" or "Unofficial".

Or, here's the direct link:  Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion Guide

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
TatiNddk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
danielbritt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue suddenly. Is this because I used a Windows Insider Win11ARM download instead of allowing VMWare tools to download the install file for me?

I am happy to follow the documentation instructions and use the VMWARE Tools to install a fresh download of Win11ARM ... but how do I restore any saved files on the VM that now has a blue screen? 

0 Kudos
danielbritt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos