VMware Communities
erikread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fusion 12 w/ Big Sur Display Flicker

Just upgraded to Big Sur and, among other issues, my Windows 10 VM flickers in full screen mode. It did not do this in Catalina using the same version of Fusion.

My system is 2019 15" Macbook Pro i9 with 32GB RAM.

In full screen my display flickers but not in windowed mode. My display is a Dell U3818DW running at 3840X1600. Again this worked yesterday before upgrading to Big Sur.

143 Replies
pdanford
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 12 runs fine on Ventura as Host. It just doesn't support Ventura as a guest OS.

0 Kudos
ShaneMeck
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, Ventura 13.2.1, Fusion 12.2.5, Macbook Pro 2020 Intel Core i7 with retina display. I've tried the following, but none of them worked: Always Show Fullscreen Minibar, True Tone off, Auto adjust brightness off, changing color profiles.

I only get the flicker when my external display has an application in fullscreen mode. This causes the Fusion window on my Macbook's retina display to flicker. It's only the VMware window that flickers (in both Unity and Single Window), not the whole display.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Fusion 12 isn't supported on Ventura.  Upgrade to Fusion 13 and see if that fixes it.

0 Kudos
ShaneMeck
Contributor
Contributor

No change with Fusion 13, the whole VM window randomly goes black. For some reason in 13 it stays black longer than it did in 12. Should I just pay for Parellels? I'd love not to...

0 Kudos