VMware Communities
downunderxx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 12.2.3 Update Function Keys Issue

Hi from newbie...

I use Fusion on intel MacBook Pro with external magic keyboard, and recently updated to 12.2.3. I have used for many years. I develop VBA tools and configure function keys to control processes in Word. I run Windows 7x64 and 10x64, and after the update to Fusion, all my function keys (F1, F2, F3 etc.) require the Option key (ALT on PC) to work. Both virtual machines exhibit the same problem and worked before the update. Moving the scripts to a normal PC and the keys behave normally without the modifier key (OPT/ALT).

I have ckecked the key presses on the Mac using inspect and the correct keystrokes are being sent to FUSION.

Anyone with any ideas as I tried everything? Can I roll back to an older version of VMWARE tools or Fusion itself?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
downunderxx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Answering my own post it turned out to be a corrupted normal.dotm template issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A moderator should move your thread to the area for Fusion, now that I have reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
downunderxx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Answering my own post it turned out to be a corrupted normal.dotm template issue.

0 Kudos