VMware Communities
barrydavenport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 12.1.2 update and Windows 10 with Optuma interface now is black

I am new to the Support network and come hoping to find some feedback.

I have a 2018 Mac mini with Big Sur and Fusion 12 Pro.

I run Windows 10 Pro and use a stock charting tool called Optuma.

I take all security updates to software when offered for: MacOS Big Sur, Fusion 12, and Windows 10.

Since the last update mid May 2021 for Fusion Pro to 12.1.2, Windows 10 Pro 21H1 using my Optuma software has now displayed black.

Everything else inside Windows 10 seems to be ok, though I only use it for basics like Mail, Optuma, and Quicken for accounting.

I have reached out to Optuma and they have come back telling me they have had another customer come out with the same problem since the last Fusion update.

I tried going backwards to older snapshots, multiple history back up copies of the VM, uninstalling and reinstalling Optuma, and finally rebuilding a new VM from scratch, loading Windows 10 Pro, Office 355, VMtools and Optuma hoping this problem will go away, and the problem returned.

I am curious to know is anyone else having a similar issue?

I do not have a support contract on my Fusion and do not know if this becomes to be a Fusion issue, how to raise ticket.

I am open to feedback.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barrydavenport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem resolved.

Up until now, I have not paid any attention to the display settings 'Accelerate 3D Graphics' as it has never done anything for me in the past.

I decided to review the display options and try each setting, just to make sure if this may or may not help.

Surprise when having enabled 'Accelerate 3D Graphics' and leaving disabled 'Use full resolution for Retina display'

This resolved my problem.

Sorry for the annoying read.

I hope this helps someone else.

Cheers

Barry.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
barrydavenport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just wanted to add, I have discovered a similar problem with blank screen in Windows 10 when trying to run Minecraft.

It too starts up at the logon prompt with a blank white screen.
I am wondering if it might be a graphics driver issue, though windows is running comfortable on 1920x1200 and normal office 365 isn't displaying any of these issues.

0 Kudos
barrydavenport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem resolved.

Up until now, I have not paid any attention to the display settings 'Accelerate 3D Graphics' as it has never done anything for me in the past.

I decided to review the display options and try each setting, just to make sure if this may or may not help.

Surprise when having enabled 'Accelerate 3D Graphics' and leaving disabled 'Use full resolution for Retina display'

This resolved my problem.

Sorry for the annoying read.

I hope this helps someone else.

Cheers

Barry.

0 Kudos