VMware Communities
magna1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 12.1.0 no internet connection

I have read everything I can find with no success. Can someone help walk me through how to get my internet working on Windows 10 which I access via Fusion 12?

Thank you,

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
magna1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scott,

I was fortunate to be able to talk to a VMWare tech last night. He quickly determined that I had no Network Adapter. In Settings, there is "Add Device" where I was able to add a network adapter. That was what I needed. He surmised that it just never came over during the install of Fusion 12 for some unknown reason.

Thank you for reaching out to help.

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@magna1 

Please explain more about how your host system accesses the internet, how you have setup the VM network connection (bridged, NAT, custom), what you have tried to do so far, what diagnosis/tests you have done...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
magna1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scott,

I was fortunate to be able to talk to a VMWare tech last night. He quickly determined that I had no Network Adapter. In Settings, there is "Add Device" where I was able to add a network adapter. That was what I needed. He surmised that it just never came over during the install of Fusion 12 for some unknown reason.

Thank you for reaching out to help.

John

0 Kudos