Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, worked fine - now in Big Sur 11.0.1 no network/internet 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Any word on whether there will be a fix for this?

I can't use Nat as need a fixed IP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
User Moderator
User Moderator

Hi,

Please try the solution posted by Geoffrey84 in this thread and see if it helps:
https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/No-Ethernet-Connection-VMware-Fusion-12-...

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Geoffrey84's solution doesn't work at all for me.

VMware Fusion 12 Release Notes mentions several workarounds, but it isn't clear to me how to go about doing this.

One of my VMs have 2 networking adapters:

1. Share with my Mac: Changing it to Autodetect seems to work
  2. Custom Network (Private): Anything with NAT just won't work no matter what I tried.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Solution posted by Geoffrey84: It doesn't work!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I also tried the Geoffrey solution and it did not work for me...  NAT is fine, but bridged is broken.

I've been using versions of fusion for years with same vm that is updated to latest Windows 10.

When in bridged mode I get a unique IP from my router, but when i try to access websites, I only see partial/no content.  If I switch back to NAT all is well, but I have a server I run in windows so I need bridged to work.  I tried Oookla speed test and on download, it stops short with a low number.  upload speeds are fine.  In NAT  mode get great numbers down and up.

Bridged seemed to work fine with Fusion 12 before Big Sur.

Thanks for any ideas!

Kevin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same issues on both Fusion 12.0.0 and Fusion 12.1.0.

Any updates of the solutions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here although with a Linux VM and connected to a VLAN interface. Working fine with Catalina, but broken with Big Sur on Fusion 12.0 and 12.1.

I can ping the local IP on the VLAN interface configured on the mac itself, but not get further.

VM: 172.16.3.4/24
Mac on VLAN666: 172.16.3.254/24
Other device behind ethernet bridge on VLAN666: 172.16.3.1/24

VM to Mac: works
VM to Other Device: doesn't work

Could provide pcaps if it helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
User Moderator
User Moderator

Hi fihbler86,

Sorry in a hurry, so can't test anything myself, but try setting DNS and gateway manually and see if that helps.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

.1 is the gateway and the VM can’t reach it. The gateway can see pkts from the VM though but the answer isn’t reaching the VM. 

0 Kudos