iramzan1
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, worked fine - now in Big Sur 11.0.1 no network/internet 😞

0 Kudos
LeeCotton
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Any word on whether there will be a fix for this?

I can't use Nat as need a fixed IP.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Please try the solution posted by Geoffrey84 in this thread and see if it helps:
https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/No-Ethernet-Connection-VMware-Fusion-12-...

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dev4vm
Contributor
Contributor

Geoffrey84's solution doesn't work at all for me.

VMware Fusion 12 Release Notes mentions several workarounds, but it isn't clear to me how to go about doing this.

One of my VMs have 2 networking adapters:

1. Share with my Mac: Changing it to Autodetect seems to work
  2. Custom Network (Private): Anything with NAT just won't work no matter what I tried.
0 Kudos
TWeinsb
Contributor
Contributor

Solution posted by Geoffrey84: It doesn't work!

kevm77
Contributor
Contributor

I also tried the Geoffrey solution and it did not work for me...  NAT is fine, but bridged is broken.

I've been using versions of fusion for years with same vm that is updated to latest Windows 10.

When in bridged mode I get a unique IP from my router, but when i try to access websites, I only see partial/no content.  If I switch back to NAT all is well, but I have a server I run in windows so I need bridged to work.  I tried Oookla speed test and on download, it stops short with a low number.  upload speeds are fine.  In NAT  mode get great numbers down and up.

Bridged seemed to work fine with Fusion 12 before Big Sur.

Thanks for any ideas!

Kevin

0 Kudos
Cheung1
Contributor
Contributor

Same issues on both Fusion 12.0.0 and Fusion 12.1.0.

Any updates of the solutions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
fhibler86
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here although with a Linux VM and connected to a VLAN interface. Working fine with Catalina, but broken with Big Sur on Fusion 12.0 and 12.1.

I can ping the local IP on the VLAN interface configured on the mac itself, but not get further.

VM: 172.16.3.4/24
Mac on VLAN666: 172.16.3.254/24
Other device behind ethernet bridge on VLAN666: 172.16.3.1/24

VM to Mac: works
VM to Other Device: doesn't work

Could provide pcaps if it helps.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi fihbler86,

Sorry in a hurry, so can't test anything myself, but try setting DNS and gateway manually and see if that helps.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
fhibler86
Contributor
Contributor

.1 is the gateway and the VM can’t reach it. The gateway can see pkts from the VM though but the answer isn’t reaching the VM. 

0 Kudos
TWeinsb
Contributor
Contributor

My MacPro has two network ports and i have create an bond-network.(LACP)

Bridge-Mode on my wlan network works fine!

0 Kudos
bhyahoo
Contributor
Contributor

Don't know if this is related, but my bridge-mode broke in v11.

I eventually traced it to my Amplifi (Ubiquiti) router not giving out IP and blocking virtual mac addresses over wifi. Ubiquiti support hasn't responded yet. 

Works on ethernet, works on other routers, works in NAT mode.

Link to their forum post on issue: https://community.amplifi.com/topic/2690/unable-to-get-dhcp-or-use-static-ip-in-windows-virtual-mach...

TiosArt
Contributor
Contributor

The same issue with a ubiquiti unifi nanohd. Bridge mode works fine while connected to the Mikrotik WiFi network. but with the nanohd AP, VMs don't even reach gw over WiFi.

0 Kudos
TiosArt
Contributor
Contributor

I've reported on an Aplifi forum page (https://community.amplifi.com/topic/3963/update-on-this-issue-no-networking-for-virtual-machines-in-...).

With a little investigation, I've found that the nanoHD AP doesn't transfer arp reply frames from a network gw when I try to reach it from any VM connected via bridge mode to WiFi.
There is a traffic dump from en0 - WiFi interface on my host:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.25.27 PM.png

Also the traffic dump from my router gw interface:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.31.14 PM.png

As you can see, arp replies go out of gw but don't reach the host WiFi interface.

0 Kudos
smcallah
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but I've been searching all day for a solution of NAT working with Fusion 12 to Monterey, but bridged mode NOT working, and couldn't come up with anything.

I just wanted you to know though, that I did come up with a solution that works for me.  

Change from DHCP assigned to a static IP and it just works.

From looking at my WAP, it shows, for some reason, that the IP of my Mac's MAC is the IP of my VM, instead of the VM MAC.  In my router, the DHCP server, there are separate MACs and separate IPs for each.  I thought this was odd.  But I could see no reason that the WAP thinks this. I also noticed that my VM was also only able to ping things that seemed to be on wifi only and nothing that was wired. So I believe it was a security issue with the WAP since it seems to see 2 IPs from the same MAC.

Considering those things I tried setting a static IP on the Windows VM and the Internet immediately started working. 

I hope this helps others after 2 years.

0 Kudos