VMware Communities
Kevin_F
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 11 won't see my Mac keyboard or mouse

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro running Mojave.  I have been running Fusion 10.5 successfully with no problems.  Yesterday I upgraded to Fusion 11.  I had a few installation problems, but it eventually installed successfully.  I have a Windows 10 Pro virtual machine that worked with no problems in Fusion 10.5.  But after I installed the Fusion 11 upgrade, it will no longer recognize input from my Mac keyboard or mouse.  As soon as the virtual machine starts, my only method of interacting with Windows 10 is use use the Virtual Machine menu to shut it down.  Not useful.  It's frustrating because I also have an older MacBook Air running Mojave and it works great.  I had to pay the full price for Fusion 11 and I'm getting frustrated.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

It is likely due to a security setting within Mojave.

Have a look at the solution in this thread

Keyboard and Mouse not working in VMWare Fusion guests

0 Kudos
Kevin_F
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for your quick response Bluefirestorm.  I read the thread and confirmed that Fusion was added to my Accessibility security settings.  VMware Fusion was already listed there.  I unchecked and rechecked Fusion to try to reset the settings.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Parveen1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could be naive, but did you quit Fusion after adding it to accessibility list?

roycbene
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Kevin. I had the EXACT same issue. I read the post BlueFireStorm posted and it didn't originally work for me either. However, I had a thought: What if I just unchecked it and rechecked it. Voila! That did it for me. Smiley Happy Let me know if that works for you?

sergbouzko
Contributor
Contributor

worked like a charm, thanks

0 Kudos