Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion 11 / Auto Capture Of Mouse Not Working All The Time

Host: Mac OS 10.14.3

Guest: Windows 10

Non-Unity Mode

Problem:

Auto-Capture of mouse input. It just works from time to time, sometimes not at all.

If i hover over the window of the vm it shows the pointer with the pointed finger. If i then click in the VM the mouse is being tracked, but in the background the mouse on my mac is moving also. This is shown through the fact, that if i move the mouse fast and in circles the pointer from the host OS gets huge and is shown over the VM window. This is normal mac feature.

I can also move outside of the VM and suddenly track the host mouse again. I can slide in and out seamlessly, so to say, but i like to have the mouse captured and only be able to leave the capturing of the mouse if i use the Control + Command shortcut.

I tried several things, remove capturing, click into the VM again, remove VM Tools and the like, still the same result.

Couldn't find any options to force to use Control + Command instead of being able to switch seamlessly.

Sometimes it just works and i can not leave the VM with the mouse without the Control + Command shortcut.

It is really annoying. Does anyone have the same problem/a solution to that?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try setting the following the Fusion menu -> Preferences -> General tab page -> Gaming combobox -> change it to : "Always optimize mouse for games".

Hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try setting the following the Fusion menu -> Preferences -> General tab page -> Gaming combobox -> change it to : "Always optimize mouse for games".

Hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
virtualmachin24
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are a wizard, it works! Thanks a bunch! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Nah, not a wizard, just a guy who spends too much time on working with VMware Fusion and hanging out at these forums. Smiley Wink

You are most welcome!

--

Wil

0 Kudos