VMware Communities
IlDavo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fusion 11.5.7 "Reclaiming disk space..." for 2 Days & Counting on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

UPDATE: WITHDRAWING REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE -- DISCOVERED THAT PHYSICAL SSD, ON WHICH I'M ATTEMPTING TO PERFORM DISK CLEANUP HAS VERY LITTLE AVAILABLE SPACE (D'ooh!)

Related to old thread: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/How-long-does-it-take-to-Clean-Up-Virtua...

Fusion 11.5.7 "Clean Up Virtual Machine" operation has been in a state of "Reclaiming disk space..." for 2 Days & Counting on my Mac Mini (Late 2012) running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.  The disk on which the virtual machine bundle resides is an SSD.  Total bundle size on disk is approximately 94GB.

This seems an unusually long time duration, so I no longer trust that Fusion is actually doing what it says it is doing.  Other threads indicate that "Cancel" will have little effect and will ultimately lead to my having to force close the operation.  Should I continue to exercise (extreme) patience, or should I Force Close the operation and deal with likely resulting virtual disk damage (restore from backup)?

Thanks for any guidance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies