VMware Communities
vmWareHelp2018
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 10 Pro Or WorkStation Pro 14

Hi

I have asked a question below but have had not answers i have 5K iMac 27inch and unable to allow my Windows 10 to use its full resolution

I have been emailed by Vvmware telling me they no longer support version 10 and to buy version 14

The support help line did not tell me if version 14 would resolve my problem.

When i logged on line i was surprised to see Fusion 10Pro (I thought 10 was no longer supported) and 14

The problem is i do not know if i should upgrade and which version i should have

can anyone help guide me please

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

Workstation Pro 14 is the current supported version for Windows hosts and Linux hosts.

Fusion and Fusion Pro 10.x is for macOS High Sierra hosts. Fusion 10.x/Fusion Pro 10.x are the current release for Apple Mac platforms so it is supported. So if you are already on Fusion 10.x, you are already on the supported version.

As for the maximum resolution on Windows 10 VM, it might depend on a number of factors (Mac graphic hardware, macOS display settings, is it scaled?).

FWIW, the maximum resolution that I see on a Windows 10 VM on a Fusion 8.5, 2880x1800 Macbook Pro with Iris Pro 5200 graphics is 3840x2400 (16:10 aspect ratio) and 3840x2160 (16:9 aspect ratio). macOS display preference set to "Scaled" and "More Space".

0 Kudos
vmWareHelp2018
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the reply.

Do you know what is the benefit from my current version 10 to 10 pro

My new iMac screen resolution is 5120 x 2880 Retina display (GRAPHICS: Radeeon Pro 580 8GB)

Questions: I have installed windows 10 pro Will i gain much if i upgrade from vmWare  Fusion 10.1.1 to vmWare Fusion 10Pro

COPY OF THE EMAIL BELOW:

Thank you for contacting VMware Customer Support.

Hi Frank,

My name is Stephen Anthony, and I have been assigned to work on your Support Request #.

As I understand, from the issue description that the issue is technical in nature since you have reached the lice using the team I would not be able to assist you on this issue.

I owuld  like to inform you that on tracking the

account I found that you're currently having Workstation 10 license key active on your account.

F5rank, Workstation  10 is an End of Availablity product and there is no support assistance as well.

please go ahead and purchase an upgrade for the license key of workstation 14 you would have  30 days complimentary support and also it should be compatible with the current OS of your iMAC.

If you still looking for assistance you can go ahead and file a support request on the protal itself.

0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

Here is a link that compares Fusion and Fusion Pro

https://www.vmware.com/sg/products/fusion.html#compare

I doubt that changing to Fusion Pro will resolve the screen resolution issue that you have. Both Fusion and Fusion Pro would be using the same virtual graphics driver inside the Windows 10 VM and using the same underlying macOS display and hardware.

What is the maximum resolution you see available in the Windows 10 VM?

What is the display preferences of the macOS?

0 Kudos
vmWareHelp2018
Contributor
Contributor

HI

I have tried something new I reinstall VMware Tools

1st Started VMware.

2nd Started Windows 10

3rd Once windows 10 was loaded i clicked on virtual machine and install Tools.

Since i have done this the full screen as now opened up and the resolution options have increased.

This has now solved my problem. Thanks for your support

0 Kudos