VMware Communities
ziggy29
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 10 -- Full Screen top menu bar will NOT drop down

I can not get the top menu bar to drop down at all in full screen mode.  I can put the cursor all the way up to the top.... no dice.  Can not get it to come down at all!

Doesn't matter what I set to -- always show, always hide, automatically do it.  I made the mistake of moving the minibar from the left side to the top and now it won't show up either, so I have no way to move it back to the left.  I have no way to control anything while in full screen mode! The only way I can get to the controls on the top menu bar is to escape full screen mode. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To restore the minibar position without dropping down menu bar, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Desktop space, right click Fusion icon on Dock -> Virtual Machine Library.

2. Select the VM name in VM Library.

3. Select menu View -> Full Screen Minibar -> Position on Screen -> <the position>.

If your host is macOS 10.13, seems you encounter an issue mentioned in Release Notes.

A workaround: switch to Single Window, then back Full Screen view again.

0 Kudos
kgcallahan
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem and just discovered the best way to make this work.  When the vmfusion window is active the menu will not come down.  But if I click on another mac app, say finder or whatever, then move the cursor to the top of the vmfusion window the menu drops down every time.  It is important not to click into the vmfusion window (making it active) before you move the cursor to the top of the window.   Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Woody44
Contributor
Contributor

This might be a bit obvious...  I had the same issue when upgrading from 11.1 to 11.5.  It all reset itself when I restarted the Mac.  Just restarting Fusion, installing VMtools etc wasn't enough.  Hope it helps, but I'm guessing you've already tried it?

0 Kudos