VMware Communities
Mindflux
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 1.1 won't do folder sharing with Mac Leopard 10.5?

I just did a Parallels to VMWare import to test out VMWare. When I check "enable" on folder sharing and hit apply it turns right back of. If I hit "enable at boot", it'll stay there. But even though I make a shared folder back to my Mac and try to attach to it inside the VM Session via
.home\Shared Folders\ it shows as empty?

What am I doing wrong? These are what the directions tell me to do. Why doesn't the normal "enabled" stay checked (vs enable at boot)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mindflux
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I got this sorted out but if I map it to a network drive and browse to it explorer.exe crashes on ntdll.dll (I think?). Not very stable to browse the 'network share'

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

The crashes when browsing shares are Explorer bugs (search Microsoft KB for a history of these). I'm not sure why they are more pronounced with virtualization shared folders. Some users have successful changing the default view to Classic view (instead of Web view or other views).

Mindflux
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up re-loading the VM appliance from scratch and patching XP to everything but IE7. This seems to have fixed all the issues I was having, including the inability to remove the Parallels Desktop tools.

The Network sharing seems a bit laggy browsing, certainly not as seamless feeling as PD 3.0. But then again PD has been around quite some time. I can't wait to see what VMWare can do with Fusion with some more revisions under their belt.

0 Kudos