VMware Communities
neilford
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 1.1 beta hung

I just tried the 1.1 beta and the vm is hung " closing network connections ". I have tried everything I can think

of to get it to finish logging out, with no success. Is this a known bug and how do I stop this. Thanks.

neilford

0 Kudos
4 Replies
neilford
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up trashing my vm. I don't have the slightest clue as to what caused this.

neilford

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hmmm, Windows does that to me on physical computers too. On my Thinkpad running XP SP2, sometimes I find myself staring at that "Closing network connections..." screen for more than five minutes.

I'm not saying that this isn't a Fusion bug, but rather that it's highly atypical if it is. From the perspective of Fusion, the network traffic your virtual machine generates while it is "closing network connections" is no different from the traffic it generates at any other time.

Anyway, if this problem recurs, please don't trash the virtual machine. Instead, come back here for troubleshooting tips (one example is likely to be trying a different network mode, bridged vs NAT).

0 Kudos
neilford
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I will do that. I was going to post a question about networking. I can't seem to find my other computers on my network. I have hooked up

4 pcs and a mac to this network, but it is all invisible, apparently, to my VM. Has anyone else run into this? I am missing something here? I am

using NAT. Should I try a direct bridge? By the way, my network is 100% wireless. Thanks.

neilford

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Yes you want to switch to bridged so your VM is a peer on the network instead of sharing your Mac's internet connection.

0 Kudos